Today in my Fall into Fitness PiYo Challenge I did the Core workout. One of my favorite in the PiYo series because I know I have a bit of a mommy tummy to deal with and I want some abs! I’ve never had them before. However, along with the core exercise, diet is key to leaning out and getting those abs to show through. When I hear experts and trainers talk they consistently agree that you cant out exercise a bad diet.
I like to meal plan on Sundays, keeping in mind I need to use whats already in my kitchen … because I’m cheap and I want to go ahead and use what I already have. Here is my meal planning menu for this week. Its all animal-free, I cook enough for myself and my family and then my hubby will cook the meat for every one else (Im the soul vegetarian). For some of the meals I’m using the Beachbody Fixate cook book (so if you want a review of that particular meal or curious about ordering it ($15), shoot me a comment and I can walk you through that). I also find a lot of recipes on Pinterest! Its flooded with healthy options but you do have to pay attention to the ingredients because not all are meat free.
- Shakeology with unsweetened coconut milk and banana
- M- Spicy tofu and cabbage, baked sweet potato, broccoli
- T- Fixate Zoodles with veggie tomato sauce
- W- Cauliflower steaks with mushroom gravy and roasted sweet potatoes
- T- Leftovers
- F- Veggie burger, baked beans, and slaw
- S- PB&J (lol)
- M- Fixate chili over wheat pasta
- T- Leftovers
- W- Fixate stuffed bell peppers and peas
- T- Burgers, baked beans, corn
- F- Tofu, carrots, and green beans
- S- Grilled veggies with brown rice
As a busy, homeschooling mom I really do not have the time or energy to cook some over the top meals but all of these are very do-able. Plus with a little prep work (cleaning and chopping veggies, batch cooking the tofu) I dont actually have to spend very much time cooking it because a lot of the work is already done. Score!